High-Performing Network, High-Performing People
A commitment to quality service and continuous improvement ensures the stability, flexibility, and growth of our network.
Wholesale and Carrier Services
Great Plains Communications’ Forward Thinking approach, superior engineering, and custom-build strategies accommodate the unique needs of all regional and national telecommunications carriers, LECs, ISPs, wireless carriers, and other service providers.
Great Plains Communications Network Map
Great Plains Communications Omaha Map
Contact Lynn Mead to learn how Great Plains Communications can help you accelerate your network goals.
Our diverse fiber network is over 8,000 miles and growing with unique, redundant routes to increase your uptime. The network reach spans the state of Nebraska extending into Colorado, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, South Dakota, and Wyoming with community access rings, last-mile, and middle-mile solutions.
- Self-healing, diverse fiber network
- Largest privately-owned network in Nebraska
- Multiple Nebraska routes with unique ability to bypass Omaha
- High-performing, secure fiber network
- Switched and dedicated Ethernet capable
- Wavelength up to 100 Gbps
- Carrier POPs: Cheyenne, Chicago, Denver, Des Moines, Kansas City, Minneapolis, Omaha
- Connectivity to regional and national carriers
- Lit buildings and custom builds
- 90 owned and operated central offices
Your One-Stop-Shop for Custom-Engineered Solutions
Great Plains Communications offers a suite of customized services including consulting, design, turn-up, testing, and maintenance. Our engineering expertise allows us to handle projects from the drawing board to the field, culminating in an optimal system or network. All engineering is performed by Great Plains Communications Engineering Personnel.
Managing Quality for Optimal Success
The Great Plains Communications Project Management team operates with great attention to detail, utilizing a proactive approach to achieve the highest quality and cost control. Our range of expertise includes project coordination, time management implementation, communication liaison capability, and project planning and phasing.
Network Operations Center – Quality Never Sleeps
Great Plains Communications technicians monitor the 8,000 mile network 24x7x365 at our Network Operations Center (NOC) located in the corporate headquarters building in Blair, Nebraska. Constant monitoring ensures reliability and rapid response to the needs of all network customers.
In July of 2015, the Great Plains Communications NOC Became the First Tier III Service Provider in the United States to Achieve TL9000 Certification
Great Plains Communications holds ourselves accountable to the highest standards of quality that add value for our clients, and set us apart from the competition.
- 24x7x365 network monitoring to ensure superior connectivity
- Central point of contact for all network maintenance
- Tier III full TL9000 certification
- Rapid response to network outages and alarms
- Control and maintenance of network documentation