GPC Whole Home WIFI
Powered by Plume HomePass®
Empower your technology for a WIFI experience without boundaries, connecting your entire home from end to end with consistent speeds, reliability and security.
What is Plume?
Plume Adaptive WIFI™
Manage Your Network Like a Pro
As people and devices come and go in your house, GPC Whole Home Wifi powered by Plume HomePass® lets you see which devices are accessing the Internet and how much they’re uploading or downloading. You can block and unblock specific devices from accessing the Internet.
Device Usage and Management
A tap on each device provides insights into the signal strength and bandwidth consumption. You can also see which SuperPod® it’s connected to.
Daily Insights to Fine Tune Your Set Up
The Plume app delivers daily reports on your home WIFI signal strength and network activity. Get placement tips that help you fine tune your wireless network based on the ways you’re using it.
WIFI That Knows the Whole Family
Who’s playing games? Watching TV? Streaming music? With the ability to keep track of which devices are on your network and how people are using them, you’ll always enjoy peace of mind at home.
Magically Simple to Set Up
Plug the SuperPods® in and let the system go to work. GPC Whole Home Wifi powered by Plume HomePass® recognizes all your devices, identifies the flow of traffic and starts to optimize your home network. The Plume app helps you manage the setup with a few quick taps.
Step by Step Installation Instructions
Create a Plume account and setup your SuperPod®
1. Download the Plume app from either the Apple Store or Google Play. Next, launch the Plume app.
2. Choose “Set up Plume”, then enter your name and email to create your Plume account.
3. Passwords must be at least eight characters.
4. Check your email and verify the email account that will be associated with your new Plume account.
5. Next, there are a few steps to setup your SuperPod®. There is an option for Advanced setup, if needed.
6. Enter your WIFI name and password. There will be a series of helpful on-screen tips for additional Pod placement.
7. If you have more than one Pod, plug it in and add it to your network now.
8. Be sure to enable notifications. This will help you be aware of your home network activity.
9. Your Plume membership will begin with a cloud update to ensure your Pods have the latest firmware.
10. Finally, after you’ve allowed Plume to join your network, you’ll be taken to the home screen.
Over the next 24 hours, your new Plume WIFI network will optimize to create the best performance for your connected devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does GPC Whole Home WIFI actually work?
GPC Whole Home WIFI is Powered by Plume HomePass®, a cloud-based system. The square footage of your home determines the number of SuperPods® needed to power your home to provide reliable and consistent speeds from end-to-end. You simply plug in the Pods, download the Plume app and set up your devices.
Is it necessary to perform updates to the software in order to maintain the service?
No, the service automatically updates to keep pace with both technology and the needs of your home network.
Does GPC Whole Home WIFI replace my current router?
Yes. This is a mesh WIFI system that will replace current WIFI access points. We will work with you to shut down your current GPC router to enable GPC Whole Home WIFI. If you own your own router, please refer to the instruction manual to disable the wireless settings on it.
What is included in the monthly charge?
Your $9.95/monthly subscription includes two (2) SuperPods and access to multiple parental controls, online protection, advanced smart home protection, adblocking, parental controls, advanced and WIFI management tools all Powered by Plume HomePass® over the Plume app. (If your home is large enough to require additional SuperPods, these are available at $5.95 per Pod/per month).
Does GPC Whole Home WIFI protect me and my devices?
Advanced IoT (Internet of Things) Protection™ protects your smart home devices like WIFI enabled cameras, appliances and creates blocks against hackers. AI security features provide threat protection against ransomware, mining and malware to the devices connected to your home network.