School’s out for the summer! That means pool parties, family vacations and restless children. Keep your family protected this summer with parental controls. While Great Plains Communications knows that no system can take the place of monitoring what media your kids consume, parental controls can make it a lot easier. This is an easy way to make sure that kids aren’t exposed to mature programming, or even the titles. When a program or channel is blocked, the user must enter a 4-digit pin to access the channel. That way, you can still enjoy all programming, but in a secure way.
These controls are set up through your DVR and are very user friendly. Blocks can be set by channel, rating, or even specific show titles. You have the control.
Here are the steps to setting up parental controls:
– Press the Menu key on your remote
– Select the Home Icon
– Select Setup
– Then select Locks Setup
- Once you are in the Locks Setup screen, you will be asked to choose a 4-digit pin
- After your pin has been selected, you will be given the following options:
- TV Rating – Blocking by TV Rating. *Note that you must block every rating you wish to control. This means if you block an R rating, you will also need to block “adult” programming.
- Movie Rating – This only affects movie channels such as STARZ, Cinemax and HBO.
- Channel Locks – This will allow you to block specific channels.
- Master Lock – Allows you to remove locks, bypass a lock or change your pin.
- Adult Titles – This removes titles from adult video programs. The guide will only display the words “adult movie.”
Just a few steps, and you can ensure your family’s safe viewing habits and do away with the stress of worrying this summer. Remember, your pin is exclusive to you. Great Plains Communications does not keep a record of your entry. If you do forget your pin, we can reset your settings, but you would have to reprogram your preferences. Therefore, we suggest keeping a record of your number in a safe place in case you forget it.
If you have any additional questions about the parental controls, contact our Customer Response Center at 1-855-853-1483.