Recently we talked about how important a landline can be to your safety in summer storms. Now we’re looking at what to do if you need help keeping your landline service.

If you participate in programs such as Medicaid, Food Stamps, Supplemental Security Income, Federal Housing Assistance or the Low Income Energy Assistance Program, you may qualify for help on your monthly telephone bill. Senior citizens who are on a fixed income may also qualify. This includes those who live in nursing homes, senior living or other cooperative arrangements.

The Nebraska Telephone Assistance Program (NTAP) can provide up to a $12.75 reduction in your monthly phone bill through a monthly credit. These programs can also help subsidize installation fees. Additional aid programs exist for those who live on tribal land and also participate in one of the qualifying programs. These programs do not cover Long-Distance, Internet or Cable Services.

Forms for the program can be found at the Nebraska Public Service Commission website. You can also request a form from your case worker or by calling our Customer Response Center at 1-888-343-4014BsAt4ube4GblQIAAAAASUVORK5CYII=.

Pin It on Pinterest