The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors and regions. Members range from mom-and-pop shops to large corporations.
As a member of your local Chamber of Commerce, you gain valuable advantages and access to business-building resources such as these:
- Added credibility to your business – You can increase positive perception among consumers and business owners when you’re identified as a Chamber of Commerce member. Research shows that people are more likely to buy products or services from businesses who are members of their local chamber.
- Increased visibility in the community – New members are listed in chamber publications such as newsletters and featured in social media. Your local Chamber of Commerce may also promote your grand opening or ribbon-cutting ceremony and assist with public relations efforts.
- Many networking opportunities – From serving on chamber committees to attending chamber events such as after-hours mixers, you’ll find plenty of enjoyable opportunities to connect with other local professionals and meet potential customers, vendors and colleagues.
- A voice in government – Chambers of Commerce take on the tough issues and speak up for the interests of local businesses when faced with new regulations, taxes, fees or assessments.
- Local business updates – Newsletters sent to members typically include new member information, important local information about operating a business, articles about developments in the area, a community calendar and details about upcoming chamber events.
- Customer referrals – Every day, local chambers receive calls from individuals and businesses looking for potential vendors, and chamber members typically recommend other chamber members.
- Promotion and publicity – With a chamber membership, you can reach potential customers through member-exclusive advertising and opportunities for business-to-business advertising and publicity.
- Member-to-member deals – These differ from chamber to chamber but could include special discounts or offerings provided to members by members as a way of supporting each other.
Great Plains Communications is actively involved in many local chambers in our state, including the Nebraska Chamber of Commerce & Industry. On February 7, our CEO Todd Foje began his official duties as chairman of the Nebraska Chamber of Commerce & Industry for 2019. We encourage your business to make the most of the valuable resources local and regional Chamber of Commerce have to offer.