This letter contains important information about your Great Plains Communications email account – please read in its entirety.
A third-party vendor has made us aware of a security breach that may have left your email account vulnerable and compromised. Based on the information provided, concerning this security issue, if you have not changed your password since June 25, 2013, we need you to change it IMMEDIATELY. This needs to be done by July 3rd. After this date, your email account may be suspended in order to keep your information safe, confidential and protected.
You will also need to change the password of any accounts that are tied to your Great Plains Communications email address such as social media, online shopping, bank accounts, etc. This includes all accounts which use your Great Plains Communications email as a username.
Your password is required to have the following:
- At least 6 characters long
- Mixed capital and lower-case letters
- At least one number
- At least one special character (for example: !, @, #,%, *)
Please access your webmail account to change your password by following these instructions:
Open your Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox, etc.) and go to www.gpcom.com/password
- Click on the Webmail link. Log into your webmail account using your full gpcom.net email address as your username and your current password.
- Once logged in follow the menu on the left-hand side and select ‘My Email Options.’
- On this page you will find an area marked ‘Change Password.’
- Type your current password into the first box and your new password – following the required policy – into the next two boxes.
- Then hit ‘Update Password.’ This change can take up to 20 minutes to propagate through our systems.
- The next time you log in you will be required to use the new password.
- If you use a mail client (Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, etc.) you will need to change your password in the settings accordingly.
If you need assistance with any of these changes, our Internet technicians are available to you 24 hours a day 7 days a week at 1-877-647-9527.
Please apply these changes to your password immediately and no later than Wednesday July 3, 2013. Accounts out of compliance, after that date are subject to suspension. We work very hard to protect your privacy and personal information, thank you for taking immediate action.